Replacing fossil fuels by renewable resources thanks to permanent rather than intermittent sources (solar, wind) is now a possibility. Veolia demonstrated it with Energido, an innovation which allows recovering heat from wastewater.
With Energido, Veolia can sustainably provide for municipalities, contractors and building administrators’ heating and cooling needs. The innovative solution is using an offset heat exchanger to covey the calories generated by sewer system to a reversible heat pump which gives the energy back by producing water to feed either the heating or the cooling network.
- Replacing fossil fuel energy emitting GHG by renewable energy: 150,000 kWh fossil energy saved per year
- a 30 to 80% increase in the renewable energy rate
- a 60% decrease in greenhouse gas emissions
- 280 metric tons of Co2 saved per year
- Competitive solution allowing energy costs control and ensuring significant energy productivity throughout the year
- Need to encourage the use of renewable energy sources, residual heat and combined heat and power generation technologies in heating networks by incorporating targets into national policies and public tenders
- Need for simplified authorisation procedures for these type of projects
+33 1 85 57 43 60