Fluid Intelligence Oy is a Finnish limited liability company led by a team of experienced oil specialists and machine learning experts. The company, a member of Cleantech Finland hub, has been quickly recognised as an established expert in the field of oil performance monitoring and has received the Circular Economy award recognition from Kasvu Open Finland in 2017 and has been included in the Nordic Cleantech Open 2018 Top 25. The company’s solution enables a move toward a circular economy, prevention of wasted oil, minimising oil loss, and maintaining the performance of oil to ensure reliability. Fluid Intelligence has also rapidly gained industrial customers as well as strong support among stakeholders in the sector.
Today, lubricating oil and related services cost over € 240 billion a year to heavy industry and logistics. Nevertheless, the machines break up causing unnecessary downtime and costs. At the same time, huge quantities of waste oils are produced, and only small amount can be re-processed. Fluid Connected Oil® solution detects even the smallest changes in oil composition, analyzes them and enables a proactive preventive approach.
We connect our customers’ oil to Fluid Cloud and make oil an asset, thus reducing demand for new oil and cyclic oil changes. Combined with Oil as a Service business model we help our customers to maximize their operational reliability, decrease costs and cut waste oil in half.
- Machine failures: 80% due to lubrication errors
- $500B cost p.a: Oil, services & machine failures
- Waste oil streams: 40M tn oil used globally p.a.
- Reliability up: Real-time system health info, enables proactive maintenance
- Cost savings: Avoidance of unexpected downtimes and machine failures, oil changes based on real need
- 50% less waste oil: Cutting in half waste oil generated, decreasing amount of leakages
- Our customers take advantage of Fluid Connected Oil Solutions to address the most striking demands of today’s heavy industry and logistics – reliable and extended operational run-times, rigorous cost budgets and finding ways for more sustainable operations.
- Well-functioning lubrication is a vital condition for today’s machinery. Changing strategy from cyclical to proactive maintenance gives our customers an edge where they can avoid expensive downtimes and maintenance activities. With proactive maintenance strategy our customers can achieve the set goals of maximized oil lifecycle, reliability, decreased maintenance and oil costs.
- All this supports the European Union 2020 Climate & Energy Package goal towards waste reduction.
1. Oulu University, Finland
Analytics research area. Fluid Intelligence and Oulu University are members of the Analytics+ program that is forming a community of companies and researchers around AI and analytics and linking them. The co-operation includes research resources in the areas of data analytics, and machine learning and vision. This is linked to cooperation with Finnish steel industry companies that participate in the collaborative program lead by the university. Fluid Intelligence participates in the program to further develop its oil condition monitoring and analytics concepts with other participants.
2. Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Research and development of Fluid Intelligence’s business operations. Collaboration focuses on generating a better understanding of the company’s market potential and competitive environment. The cooperation further develops Fluid Intelligence’s business and communications strategy to achieve the company’s ambitious global business goals.