GoOpti is an innovative European transportation platform, which provides shared and private airport transfers at affordable prices and connects passengers traveling from medium-size cities to large airports. It provides an on-demand mobility system that functions as a transportation marketplace connecting passengers, shuttle companies and business stakeholders from the travel industry.
GoOpti has created a new transportation business model that is based on circular economy by inventing optimization algorithms, that pool people in vehicles based on their departure time flexibility and routing preferences. On top of that GoOpti has added the smart revenue management pricing based on self-learning probability models. The combination of both allows to execute the transportation profitably also on routes with scarcer demand.
- By providing optimized transfers, GoOpti increases the mobility of people, contributes to sustainable transport and connects people and places. In addition, GoOpti provides a major step towards the Single European Transport Area and has many positive impacts on:
- Travelers, who get reliable, affordable, door-to-door, flexible transfers that enables them to save €80 and one hour of their journey
- Shuttle companies, who get pricing, marketing and sales know-how, route planning, customer and driver support, and they can triple their revenue
- Travel agencies, who get easy-to-book transfers for individuals and groups
- Hotels and resorts, who get an opportunity to arrange comfortable transfers for their guests
- Airlines, who get a wider pool of potential passengers and a new way to connect flights
- Businesses, who get a cheaper and more reliable way to organise business trips
- Environment due to >12,000 tons of CO2 saved and >250,000 less cars on the road
- GoOpti numbers:
> 1,104,970 passengers transported
8 countries where GoOpti is present daily
> 80 transportation companies in the platform
> 1,750 partners in the network
4,61/5 service rating
The market of passenger transportation is big, as the Total Available Market is estimated to €200 billion (3,6B flights worldwide) and Serviceable Available Market to €40 billion (20 % of rides from/to small and medium sized cities). But it is hard to seize this market, mainly due to these factors:
- Industry is not open to newcomers (highly regulated, strong interests against changes),
- Legislation is different in every country (high legal costs, slow penetration, high development cost),
- Pooling and occasional transportation is not clearly regulated (confusion, fear, misconduct),
- Limitations of the number of licences per city (growth is obstructed, execution is expensive, competition cannot be developed),
- No light passenger vehicle transportation regulation within the EU (fear, poor vehicle utilisation, less opportunity to create a better European transportation network),
- Inflexible labor legislation (fluctuation of demand for workforce, temporary / seasonal employment).