Infinited Fiber (IFC) is a Finnish company developing and commercializing a patented Cellulose Carbamate technology. Cellulose Carbamate (CCA) technology enables producing cotton-like, sustainable fibre out of post-consumer textile waste, cardboard waste as well as pulp. Infinited Fiber is made out of recycled textile waste and is fully biodegradable and its production process does not require any hazardous chemicals. It has a natural soft look and feel, is antibacterial, has excellent moisture absorption qualities and 30-40% better colour uptake.
The fibers are used in fashion, disposable personal care products (wipes, diapers, pads etc.) and technical products (e.g. automotive filters, dairy, construction applications etc.). Fiber separation stage removes non-cellulosic components like polyester, elastane, etc. The removed non-cellulosic components are utilized in energy production needed for the production process.
- The technology can process mixed fabrics since materials unsuitable for new fibres can be removed during the process
- Capability to use a wide range of raw materials (textile waste, paper or biomaterials like wood)
- Unique cotton-like touch and feel
- 40% better dye uptake which saves energy and decreases dye usage
- Slow schedules related to establishing production facilities
- Lack of funding to support scaling up; need for machinery investment (i.e. process upgrade to existing viscose plant)
- Not enough textile waste to support a large industrial scale facility
- The need to build credibility as newcomer
+358 50 1483