In cooperation with Neste, Savonlinja is introducing a surcharge, called Green Journey, on the normal bus ticket price. The customer is free to decide the amount of this additional charge. Savonlinja will use the money collected through the Green Journey service to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by fueling its buses with Neste MY Renewable Diesel™, which is produced 100 % from waste fats, residues, and vegetable oils, classified as Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO). Neste creates sustainable solutions for transport, business, and consumer needs. Neste is the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, introducing renewable solutions also to the aviation and plastics industries. They are also a technologically advanced refiner of high-quality oil products. Furthermore Neste wants to be a reliable partner with widely valued expertise, research, and sustainable operations. In 2018, Neste’s revenue stood at EUR 14.9 billion. In 2019, Neste placed 3rd on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
- By paying a Green Journey surcharge of their own choosing, customers will be reducing their bus ride’s greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 90% compared to fossil diesel. Neste MY Renewable Diesel is produced entirely out of waste and residues.
- As part of the cooperation, Savonlinja will double the amount of money its customers pay for Green Journey service and use these funds for cutting down greenhouse gas emissions by refueling with Neste MY Renewable Diesel.
- In Finland, Neste MY Renewable Diesel has been sold since the start of 2017, and its performance matches the best fossil-based diesels on the market. Approximately one-fifth of consumers in Finland already use Neste MY Renewable Diesel when it is available at their local filling station.
- Neste MY Renewable Diesel™ produced from 100% renewable raw materials can help its users reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 90% over the lifecycle of the fuel compared to conventional fossil diesel. The figure equals removal of 3 million passenger cars from the roads for a full year – more than the amount of cars in the city of London, UK, for example.
- Lack of info and inputs from customers
- Lack of awareness
Heidi Peltonen / Hanna Airas
+358504584234 / +358407031951