Nuova Fratelli Boretti s.r.l. has created an engineering process in order to regenerate waste from pre-consumer textile processes based on wool camel and cashmere, in order to obtain Raw Material for textile industries. The company is a well-rooted cultural tradition in the Prato territory, which has dealt with regenerated textile raw material since 1960.
From the initial processing and trade of post-consumer garments, to the re-engineering of scraps pre-consumer of wool, cashmere and camel hair knitwear and apparel, Nuova Fratelli Boretti developed a traceable and transparent process, which speaks for high quality standards.
Loyalty, transparency and traceability are the key values of the company, as validated by corporate and product certifications and by Re.Verso innovative supply chain, a special textile platform and a brand – of which it is the exclusive licensee for the engineering of the raw material – that produces an innovative line of green yarns and fabrics.
The cashmere, wool and camel produced by Re.Verso have not only reached the shelves of major clothing chains, but have also featured in numerous haute couture collections.
- Thanks to its innovative supply chain and processes, Nuova Fratelli Boretti pulls to retrieve the scraps in raw material and reintroduces them into the market, extending the product’s life cycle.
- Instead of being derived from nature, the raw materials come exclusively from leftover waste from industrial clothing manufacture, creating significant savings.
- The Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) analysis, performed by PRIMA Q., found that: by using 1.000 Kg of ReVerso wool instead of virgin wool it is possible to have savings of 76% in energy, 89% in water, 96% in CO2, 99% in SO2, and 76% in chemicals and dyeing.
- The LCA study made on ReVerso cashmere also uncovered significant reductions: -82% of energy, -92% of water, -97% of CO2, -99% of SO2, -96% of chemicals and -97% in dyeing.
- Endowed with a well-organised logistic and manufacturing structure, the company can guarantee an efficient, dynamic, smooth and zero-waste service for secondary raw materials for apparel, home furnishing, fashion accessories and padding for cars.
- Nuova Fratelli Boretti is a reliable partner, organised to be an “accredited and qualified supply chain vendor”, also for a circular economy production system. Moreover,, the company is certified GRS.
- Thanks to the know-how developed in the company during its activity in the past years, Nuova Fratelli Boretti products have competitive prices compared to traditional raw material.
- The slowness of the conversion process of the textile industry from linear economy to circular economy
- The “fast fashion” trend dominating the textile and fashion industry puts significant challenges for more sustainable business models. Circular processes and products in the textile industry have to face extra-low prices of mass- and fast-fashion textiles, which are not designed to be re-used and are thrown away after being used, having harmful environmental effects.
- Lack of clear waste regulation: waste directives are not clear when determining waste recovering, and processes transforming waste into secondary raw materials.
- There is still a lack of awareness on the value of recycled and recovered products, and this leads to a low demand for this category of items. The fashion industry is still producing and operating within a linear economy model instead of pushing for circular patterns.
Nuova fratelli Boretti is a unique representative on the international market for the brand and for the producers of fabrics and yarns for knitwear and furnishing, who are searching for quality and chemically safe secondary raw materials.
Nuova Fratelli Boretti is the exclusive licensee for the engineering of the raw material of the ReVerso supply chain.
Brands and retailers can contribute their own production waste to the ReVerso supply chain in a traceable manner, so that they can declare that they contribute to a circular economy process and their own production is “zero textile waste”.