We produce waste-based blocks for wood pallets; 100% made of polymer mixed waste and biomass waste. By using resources from landfills directly to logistics value chain, we provide a longer lifespan for wood pallets, as well as better shock absorption and resistance properties.
PLASBLOCK is a block that prepares pallets for high performance even under the most severe conditions while saving the environment. In addition to this, the block can be re-usable and also can return to our facilities at the end of its life-cycle to be fully recycled.
- Reduces deforestation by being used as an alternative of wood blocks on cargo pallets : For every 10.000 pallets made using our blocks, is possible to achieve 275.00 kg of forest preservation and, 110.000 kg of recovered waste resources contributing for an amount of CO2 absorbed by the forest preserved of 379.999 kg of CO2
- Promotes higher recyclability rates of all kinds of plastics
- Designed to be fully recycled
- Developed to be able to incorporate various types of residues from a huge spectrum of industries
- Allows increased CO2 mitigation by reducing tree/wood necessities
- Big regulatory challenges that stop us from doing large scale trials with waste materials from various industries
- Since we are working on a non-IT project it’s been really difficult for us to get seed funding, even with a proved working concept and product sales
- We’ve been having some difficulties in communicating a product that is made of waste and promoting its acceptance from the market
Miguel Nuno da Silva Monteiro Ferreira