Steinzeug Keramo is a high-quality producer of vitrified clay sewage pipes. The outstanding constant chemical and physical properties of the material provide it with high strength, density and robustness along with high resistance against wear, tear and corrosion, which results in an extraordinarily long service lifetime. Steinzeug Keramo clay pipes are 100% recyclable and consist of up to 40% secondary raw materials and have a service life of more than 100 years. All this makes Steinzeug Keramo pipes a leader in the circular economy.
- 100% recycling of production scrap: Hardly any production waste and high raw material efficiency
- Recycling of end-of-life sewage pipes: Closed loop recycling of old sewage pipes possible
- Use of other recycling products such as tiles as secondary raw materials: Additional open loop recycling from other product groups
- Increased performance of final product by using secondary raw materials
- Less scrap during production due to increased resilience during production through added secondary raw materials
- Reduced energy consumption in production by using secondary raw materials
- Transportation costs of end-of-life sewage pipes and of secondary raw materials limit competitive advantage of recycling material.