TouchPoint is a Finnish workwear company using eco-materials such as fabrics made from recycled raw materials, cutting waste or regenerated fibres and is utilizing surplus materials. TouchPoint offers full service model from design, managing the entire supply chain and offering a closed loop solution for garments when they come to the end of their life cycle by different methods. Each method is being adequate based on a need of the client. Main stream of the waste textile taken for recycling is turned into composite and furthermore into furniture, which can be recycled again.
Hesburger, fast food chain in Finland, among others has workwear collection made by Touchpoint. Collection contains shirts, pants, jackets, different head gears and belts made form recycled poylester and cotton. Hesburger old workwear textiles and plastic waste are turned into new outdoor furniture and trays.
- No harmful chemicals are used in production by using 100% recycled raw materials (recycled cotton / polyester cutting waste)
- Production uses 90% of renewable energy
- 70% of energy and 86% of water is saved and 75% less of CO2 emissions is generated due to utilising recycled polyester
- 345,000 recycled plastic bottles were used as raw material to produce workwear for one of Touchpoint customer
- Insufficient legislative support for circular economy from government
- High cost of closing the loop for waste textiles
- Lack of know-how and advanced technical solution for separating mixed materials.
+35 84 00 40 60 83