Pureprint by Vögeli are offset printed products, designed to be biodegradable. On the basis of the Pureprint components, Vögeli PurePrint offers a wide range of offset printed products such as folders, brochures, notebooks, letter paper, business cards, magazines, business reports and folding carton.
All these products are optimized for being 100% biodegradable without any risks for nature, animals and human beings. This offers the possibility to package bio-products into bio-packaging and to market them with bio-marketing materials.
As printed communication material usually is spread out to a big audience, circular printing products can be used by organizations to communicate its own environmental behavior and with this to strengthen its own image.
Until now in paper recycling, only about 70% – the cellulose fibers – can be recycled. The rest – about 30% of the material – contains hazardous substances. This means that about one third has to be treated as hazardous waste. So this will stay waste forever.
For businesses that design, produce and sell circular or biological products, we offer the possibility to pack these products with circular and biological packaging. Furthermore the marketing communication for these products can also be circular and biological.
- The main challenges are to convince suppliers of ink and paper or other materials used to optimize their products in order to change the recipes and dispense with hazardous ingredients. Of course, as we and our two partners are the only printers that demand circular materials, the market is too small and our suppliers have to understand the long term goal.
- As the demand is small for now, prices are higher than for regular products. This makes it difficult to convince customers and government to buy circular printing products.
Gugler*, Austria; KLS, Denmark