DyeCoo is the world’s first commercial supplier of water-free and process-chemical free-dyeing technology for textiles. Their CO2-based dyeing process makes textile dyeing clean, sustainable, efficient and profitable. DyeCoo based in Weesp in the Netherlands has more than 15 years of experience in CO2 technology. With extensive knowledge in design and engineering of CO2 equipment, DyeCoo provides clean textile processing solutions on industrial scale.
ZERO WATER: DyeCoo uses it’s patented technology to dye fabrics with CO2 instead of water. The technology uses CO2 (a by-product from the industry) as the dyeing medium, in a closed loop system. 95% of the CO2 is recycled in the machine for re-use.
PURE DYES: CO2 dyeing does not need process chemicals to dissolve dyes. When pressurised, CO2 becomes supercritical, a phase between a liquid and a gas, the CO2 has a high solvent power, allowing the dye to dissolve easily. The dyes are transported deeply into the fibre. The technology uses 100% pure dyes, with more than 98% uptake there is no waste.
ZERO WASTE: No processing chemicals, no water, no waste and therefore no wastewater treatment is necessary.
LOWER PROCESS COST: CO2 dyeing is a dry process with short batch cycles, efficient dye use and no waste water. All contributing to significant reduced operating cost.
- The CO2 dyeing machines are available for polyester fabric dyeing. Continuous development takes place to make the technology available for dyeing yarn, nylon and stretch applications.
- The impact for one DyeCoo dyeing machine is a saving of 32 million litres of water and 160 tons of processing chemicals per year. The total dyeing-capacity for a single machine is 800 tons of synthetic substrate.
- The total textile market volume in 2018 was appr. 96 million tons of which 50 million tons for polyester, and this demand is still growing.
- DyeCoo’s vision is to lead the textile-industry towards a lean and clean future. “We believe our CO2-based technology can replace water-based dyeing around the world”.
- Besides the environmental – and circular benefits, CO2 dyeing technology is the “linking pin” within the textile supply chain. The aim is to create more partnerships to reach the common goal of getting the textile industry completely circular.
- DyeCoo’s CO2 dyeing technology is now proven and ready for upscaling. With multiple customers already in Thailand, Taiwan and Vietnam, there is CO2 dyeing capacity for more than 7 million kilo’s of polyester per year.
- To grow the availability of CO2 technology within the textile supply-chain, the support of brands like Nike, Adidas, Mizuno is important. These brands want their products and supply-chain to be sustainable.
- DyeCoo’s focus is to increase our market share globally. The investment-cost for CO2 dyeing machines are higher compared to traditional dyeing equipment, whereas operational and environmental cost are lower. Adopting CO2 dyeing technology requires confidence, to invest today into a sustainable future. Long term partnership between brands and supply-chain help to build confidence.
- Many footwear- and apparel production has moved to Asia. CO2 dyeing technology also brings the opportunity to bring production back to Europe. This could particularly be the case in more specialised areas such as automotive textiles, upholstery, carpet and technical textiles.
- Today, there is no enough urgency for the supply chain to convert from linear to sustainable (circular) production. There is currently a lack of government incentives and legislation to convert to sustainable production methods, e.g. promoting sustainable textile production by applying more favourable import duties, import penalties on textile product that is produced less sustainable or containing certain chemicals.
DyeCoo Textile Systems
+31 294 41 00 25