Saica company collects plastic waste of retail companies and recycles it into plastic pellets. Saica delivers the re-granulate plastic to the film, packaging, bags suppliers of the original retailer. This way the circle is closed and the retailer gets its plastic waste back transformed into packaging.
- On average, more than 80% of the plastic waste is recovered as plastic pellets. The rest is transformed into energy. No plastic goes to landfill.
- In the new films, packaging and bags petrochemical virgin materials are replaced in a range from 15% to 90%.
- Carbon footprint is reduced on average by more than 60%.
- Saica’s recycling facilities are zero waste sites.
- Good quality recycling should gain a place by itself. Developing the right and profitable technology is the recyclers task.
- Regulation and product norms that ban the use of recycled materials could damage the business case. Unless it has been proven to be harmful.
- Regulation and taxes currently do not adequately reward product recyclability and recycled % content in it.
- Projects that aim to increase the quality, performance and % of recycled materials that can be used currently do not adequately have preference financial access and benefits.