SANTANDERINA R/TURN offers a new range of textile products with low environmental impact. These products are made of recycled and sustainable materials such as Refibra, recycled polyester, Seaqual, and organic cotton with production processes that enable to use less water, energy and emit less CO2.
RefibraTM (Tencel® Recycling Initiative) fibres are made of cotton waste scraps from cutting and wood to produce a wood-based fabrics which are highly sustainable. Seaqual is high-quality recycled polyester yarn made from 100% recycled materials including post-consumer plastic bottles and plastic captured from the sea.
Organic cotton is grown using responsible methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. Crops are not treated with pesticides, insecticides or herbicides.
- The added value depends on the textile article. Below is an example of a textile product made of organic cotton (according to Textile Exchange, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of Organic Cotton, PE International, 2014):
- Potential environmental savings of 62% of primary energy
- Potential water consumption saving of 91%
- 26% less eutrophication (soil erosion)
- No GMO (genetically modified organisms) seed used
- Builds soil organic matter through crop rotation, intercropping & composting
- 100% plant-derived
- Controlled traceability
- There is a lack of financial incentives to those companies that are making an effort towards the development of new products, using new production processes to achieve more sustainable products.
- The lack of regulations that would help all those manufacturers that are not only developing more eco-friendly products, but also that are doing so in best working and environmental conditions, for instance, taxes depending on the real carbon footprint of a product.
Ramon Rios Quintana
0034 942 70 01 25